The physical divisions of our city
By completing this activity, you will learn to divide your city into different divisions according to its physical characteristics; you will learn to combine different information between different types of a the city’s divisions and, lastly, you will improve your digital skills (using an online map, drawing and creating layers on a map).
What will I learn?
- Digital Communication
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
What will I need?
- Laptop/PC/tablet with internet connection;
- Optional: online platform to submit your choices and answers. In a forum (if available) you can discuss and compare your maps and answers with other fellow participants.
- Optional: in a seminar room in a face-to-face activity you may use a large paper map on a table or on the wall and draw on it or use an interactive whiteboard.
- scribblemaps.com links:
- Did you find the exercise interesting?
- How many physical divisions exist in your city?
- Is there a connection between physical divisions and socioeconomic characteristics of these parts of the city?
- Were your maps and answers similar to your fellow participants, did you find common ground in your discussion?