Photo by Suzy Hazelwood from Pexels
The cultural and creative sectors play an important role in improving local living conditions and the economy. Various initiatives are therefore being implemented by local authorities and private actors to promote the local economy and thus trade through culture and related activities. Cultural events have the potential to attract people and support local businesses and artists by increasing the turnover of the area in which they take place. This is a virtuous relationship that benefits both local culture, its components and actors, but also local development.
Photo by Nataliya Vaitkevich from Pexels
In this activity you will learn how to plan a cultural event that also aims to support local businesses. The main objective is to create a pop-up art gallery in collaboration with local artists and businesses in order to increase the attractiveness of the local economy and promote local culture.
In this exercise you will :
- Learn how to help boost the local community economy through art and culture
- Learn how to promote local culture and artists
This activity is intended to be carried out individually or in groups.
Use the document "Process of the activity: Art & Culture to foster local development" provided in the resource sections to carry out the activity.
This learning quest will teach you, as a learner, to promote local development through culture in your community. This activity will help you to bring together local stakeholders from the economic and cultural sectors to create synergies that will contribute to the development of the community by strengthening employment and the economy as well as its local cultural heritage
- Promote local development and culture
- Know the social and economic value of culture in local development
- Learn how culture and creativity promote integration in the community
- Know the basic marketing strategies
- Identify strategies to foster local cultural practices
- Enhance and safeguard cultural heritage
- Combine marketing strategies with local artists to foster local development
- Use online tools and platforms to promote the event online
- Promote local SMEs
- Promote social cohesion through cultural tourism
- Promote local cultural heritage through new and innovative networks